Would you like to travel with us to India and Pakistan to know this recipe with the suggestive name of Chana Dhai?
If that’s the case, don’t miss any of the details we’re going to give you now.
A vegan recipe that has its secrets that we’re going to reveal right away.
The base of the recipe are lentils, which will provide you with a high quantity of fibre, iron and vitamins from the B group.
It’s an easy recipe to prepare, with foods you can find in any supermarket.
However, this recipe will be of special interest for those who like spicy flavours.
If that’s not the case, don’t worry. All you have to do is leave out the chilli. So, what about if we gave you the ingredients and instructions for preparation now?
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 chilli
- 1 piece of ginger
- 1 chopped tomato
- 20 gr lentils
- 1 coffeespoonful ground cumin
- Chicken or vegetable stock
- Take a saucepan and sauté the onion and the diced red and green peppers with a little extra virgin olive oil.
- When you see the vegetables starting to turn golden, add the chilli, the small piece of peeled and chopped ginger, the tomato and the lentils.
- Stir it all and add the cumin and the chicken or vegetable stock.
- Leave it on a low heat until it’s soft. The most normal thing is for it to take about an hour to cook.
- Serve it hot.
Have you seen how simple it is? And besides, you’re going to enjoy very exotic flavours with products which you can easily find in any shop or market.
Be careful with the chilli. If you aren’t particularly fond of spicy food, don’t forget to take it out.
By the way, chillis don’t come from Asia. Their origin is to be found in Central America.
It’s a vegetable that once collected, is left to dry inside.
For that reason, and although the harvest takes place from July to November, you can find it all year round.