You’ll really see how you can make the most of tons of vegetables with this cream of broccoli with pumpkin seeds.
Vegetables and spices which will make your taste buds buzz. We don’t need to tell you that we’re suggesting a really healthy dish and one which is also incredibly tasty into the bargain.
A dish which is an integral element in the Mediterranean Diet. This diet is considered by all nutritionists as the healthiest model in the world and which has olive oil at the centre of the pyramid.
We recommend this dish to you for any occasion and we’re going to expain how to make it right now.
Ingredients (4 people)
- 400 gr broccoli
- 120 gr courgettes
- 50 gr spring onions
- 70 gr leeks
- 1 clove garlic
- 100 ml white wine
- 200 ml almond milk
- 2 gr ground cumin
- 1 gr thyme
- 5 gr parsley
- 1 gr black pepper
- 40 gr extra virgin olive oil
- 80 gr pumpkin seeds
- Prepare the broccoli sprouts. We’d advise you to keep the stalks because with them you can make a good stock.
- Wash all the vegetables well.
- Now you have to cut the courgette up into pieces and chop the spring onions, the leeks and the clove of garlic.
- Heat two spoonfuls of extra virgin olive oil in a saucepan and poach the onions and garlic for between three and four minutes.
- Add the leeks and cook for a few more minutes until they become transparent.
- Add the courgette and stir everything together.
- After five minutes, add the broccoli, salt and pepper and season with cumin and thyme to your liking.
- Add the wine, allow all the alcohol to evaporate and cover with water or if not the stock.
- Bring to the boil.
- When it’s boiling, cover the pan and leave to cook on a medium heat until you notice that the vegetables are tender.
- Use a blender to produce a smooth creamy texture.
- We haven’t finished. It’s now time to add enough almond milk to obtain the texture you want and then the pumpkin seeds.
- When it’s time to serve, we’d recommend you to add a little extra milk to each bowl and decorate with some fresh parlsey.
With the way that we’ve prepared this dish and with the spices we’ve added, we’re sure that even children will want to eat vegetables. You know well that they’re not particularly fond of them and the best way to try to get them to eat them is by making them attractive. And this dish is attractive, isn’t it? Make your own cream of broccoli and tell us about it.