Courgettes are one of the great vegetables and have a huge quantity of properties beneficial for your health.
Among others, they reduce cholesterol, blood pressure and improve cardiovascular health. It’s another of the foodstuffs which reduce the possibilities of contracting all types of cancers.
Besides, if you prepare them the way the chef Salvador Brugués suggests, you’re going to lick your fingers.
It’s a cream to eat cold, a main dish which is going to give you great pleasure.
Now, if you’re ready, we’re going to tell you about the ingredients and the preparation of this recipe which is really easy.
- 600 gr courgettes
- 100 gr mineral water
- 100 gr cream
- 100 gr cottage cheese
- 40 gr toasted pine kernels
- 50 gr extra virgin olive oil
- Basil leaves
- Black pepper
For the basil oil
- Grind some basil leaves with extra virgin olive oil. Use big leaves and leave the small ones to use for decorating the dish. Set this basil oil aside.
For the cream
- Place the courgettes which are already washed and cut up into a saucepan with water and leave to boil for a few minutes. You don’t need to peel the courgettes. Save some pieces cut up into cubes.
- Cool the boiled courgette down in bain-marie that is to say, place the boiled courgette in a pan in another pan of cold water with ice. In this way, you’ll ensure that the intense green colour is maintained.
- Now it’s time to add 25 grammes of cream and season with salt and pepper to your liking.
- Using a blender, blend the other 75 grammes of cream together with the cottage cheese. In the end, it should have the consistency of whipped cream. Again, add salt and pepper to your liking.
- Put two soupspoonfuls of the cold courgette cream into a soup plate. In the centre, put a spoonful of the cream and cottage cheese. Using two spoons, make the cheese into the shape of a croquette.
- Decorate the dish with the basil oil previously set aside, the cubes of raw courgette, the pine kernels and the small basil leaves.
As you can see, very healthy, very rasty and very easy to prepare. You’ll be looking after your taste buds and your health with this recipe for cream of courgette we’ve just offered you.