This is a very refreshing recipe typical of the summer months and which fits perfectly into the best vegetarian diet.
Water melon is the summer fruit par excellence, with a great quantity of water which is necessary for hydrating the body.
When’s the best time to eat this dish of cubes of water melon with Mozzarella and mint? Well, it can be a magnificent aperitif before lunch or a brilliant light dish for evening meals in summer.
So don’t hesitate to make it because it’s so easy. You’ll really enjoy the taste of the Mozzarella dressed with the mint which gives it an exotic touch.
So let’s get started with all of the ingredients and the instructions for making it. The ingredients we’re giving you are for one person. Bear that in mind.
- One slice of water melon. Put the water melon into the fridge the night before.
- One pack of Mozzarella balls
- Mint leaves
- Half a lemon
- One dessertspoonful honey
- One dessertspoonful extra virgin olive oil
- A dash of balsamic vinegar (optional)
- Peel the slice of water melon and cut it up into cubes which aren’t too big, bite-sized, and put them onto a flat plate.
- Take a Mozzarella ball and put a tiny mint leaf on top. Use a toothpick to keep it together and then, use the toothpick again to attach it to the water melon cube.
- Put the dessertspoonful of honey, a dash of extra virgin olive oil and another dash of Modena vinegar into a cup. Then, press the half lemon.
- Mix all of the ingredients of the sauce together well and use a spoon to put drops of it onto each water melon cube.
- Grate the lemon over the plate.
- Serve immediately.
And that’s it. Easy and very tasty. A dish for vegetarians and for everyone, which is going to be a real pleasure to eat. Try to use ingredients of the highest quality and it’s better to buy fresh mint, a condiment which is going to round it off.