You’ll be captivated by this salad which we’re going to present you with now as soon as you set eyes on it. And on top of that, you’ll surprise your family and friends as well since the combination of colours is spectacular.
As we’ve said in the title, it includes fresh garden peas in their pods. We think they’re the best quality ones. And it’s so easy to shell them.
We propose using Golden apples and perhaps you’re asking yourself why. The reason is that they’re one of the sweetest varities in existence. If you don’t have Golden, then use Reineta. They’re also sweet.
It’s true that it’s a salad and you’re possibly thinking that it’s more appropriate in summer. We think it’s suitable at any time of year.
But let’s move onto the ingredients and preparation:
- 400 gr fresh peas
- 2 spring onions
- 8 slices of bacon
- 1 large apple, Golden
- 8 quails eggs
- 100 dcl extra virgin olive oil of the Picual variety
- 50 dcl balsamic vinegar
- 10 hazelnuts
- Cook the peas for 10 minutes in abundant salted water. Take care to count the ten minutes from when the water starts boiling. When they’re cooked, cool them down with cold water and set them aside.
- Now’s the moment to sauté the spring onions that you’ve previously chopped up.
- When the spring onions are sautéd, add the chopped bacon and sauté it all again for a couple of minutes.
- The fourth step is to add the apple. It’s better to dice it and make sure the pieces are all the same size. Sauté for another minute.
- Now it’s time to prepare the poached eggs. Take a small bowl and cover it with cling film. Make sure it goes well over the edges. Put the egg into this small bowl and close the cling film. You can make a knot or use a piece of thread. Boil water and put the egg into it for a minute. In this way, the egg will be only half done and the yolk will break up when you cut into
- We’re now going to use the hazelnuts to make a vinagrette sauce. Use a pestel and mortar to grind Put salt and pepper into a glass. Then, add the exta virgin olive oil and the balsamic vinegar and stir until well blended. Add the hazelnuts and stir it all again until it’s really well mixed. Set the hazelnuts aside.
- Now it’s time to serve it. It’s best to use a plating In it, place the pea mixture drizzled with the hazelnut vinagrette and finally, on top, place the poached eggs.
We’re sure you’re going to enjoy it. It’s an incredibly nutritious salad, and if you allow us to say it, also very aesthetically pleasing. Give it a try and don’t hesitate to give us your opinion in the comments section.