30A recipe for vegans which contains a mixture of Italian flavours with the gnocchi and a product so appreciated by us, ’robellones’, a type of wild mushroom. (These mushrooms, called esclatassangs in Valencian are a real delicacy with a huge number of lovers).
Don’t miss out on this recipe because it’s really easy and it provides a wonderful experience for the most demanding palates. So, let’s get started with the steps you have to follow to surprise yourself and all your guests.
Ingredients (for 5 people)
For the gnocci
- 250 gr potatoes
- 100 gr cornflower
- 25 gr boiled beetroot water
For the cashew sauce
- 150 gr raw cashews
- 90 ml water
- 1 spoonful beer yeast
- 1 small spoonful salt
For the garnish
- 150 gr wild mushrooms
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Black pepper
- We’re obviously going to start with the gnocchi. Put the potatoes into a sucepan and cook them on a low gas. That’s going to take about 25 minutes. What we recommend you to do is pinch them with a sharp knife to check when they’re cooked. You know that depending on the heat you use, it’ll take more or less time.
- Take the potatoes off the heat and let them cool. Once they’re cold, peel them and put them through the blender.
- Mix the cornflower and the beetroot water with the potato puré until you get a smooth mix.
- Allow the mixture to sit for 20 minutes.
- Make the gnoccis with that mixture. Coat them with a bit of flour or semolina.
- Next, you have to put some water into a saucepan. When the water’s boiling, add the gnocchi and cook them until they float. Set them aside.
- Now, we’re going to prepare the cashew sauce: blend all of the ingredients until you have a creamy sauce.
- We’ve nearly finished. The next step is to put some extra virgin olive oil into a frying pan. Sauté the wild mushrooms on a very low heat.
- Add the gnocchi, sauté them and season to your liking.
- Now it’s time to serve them. Do so with a little of the cashew sauce and chopped parsley.
The truth is that it’s an incredible mixture of flavours. That touch of wild mushrooms with nuts, parsley …. All that’s left now is for us to encourage you to prepare it and tell us the result.