What’s certain is that it’s impossible to think of a healthier better balanced recipe than one which includes grilled vegetables
A recipe that helps to reduce fats and, obviously, calories and which contains loads of vitamins.
Grilled vegetables is a dish which hydrates and is high in fibre and antioxidants that we’re going to enhance with our Masía El Altet extra virgin olive oil which is also very rich in antioxidants.
What is different about this recipe is the garlic almond oil. ‘All i oli’ as we say in the Mountains of Alicante area where our olive grove is to be found.
In the area, ‘all i oli’ is consumed on a massive scale. Here, we’re going to show you how to make it.
- 1 large courgette
- 150 g green asparagus
- 150 g mushrooms
- 2 spoonfuls chopped parsley
- 80 ml Masía El Altet extra virgin olive oil
- 2 fresh corn on the cob
- 1 cooked (steamed) beetroot
Ingredients for the garlic almond oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 spoonfuls ground almond
- The juice of half a lemon
- 4 spoonfuls sugar-free and salt-free almond drink
- To begin to make the almond garlic oil, take the blender. Blend the garlic clove, the ground almond, the lemon juice, the almond drink, the sugar and add a pinch of salt. You have to obtain a cream. This process can also be done manually using a pestle and mortar.
- Now pour the garlic oil into a bowl and slowly add 60 ml of extra virgin olive oil. You have to keep stirring it energetically before adding another dash of extra virgin olive oil so that you have a really smooth cream.
- Put the garlic oil into the fridge.
- Now let’s get started with the vegetables. Cut off the hardest part of the base of the asparagus.
- Cut the beetroot up into thick slices.
- Slice the courgette but it isn’t necessary for them to be very thin.
- Cut up each corn on the cob into three.
- Cut the mushrooms in half.
- Heat the grill. In a bowl, mix the the extra virgin olive oil with the chopped parsley and a pinch of salt.
- Brush the vegetables with this olive oil and cook the vegetables on the grill on both sides until you see that they’re completely golden.
- All you have to do now is serve the dish of grilled vegetables with the garlic almond oil.
Some advice. If instead of using a cooker, you have a barbecue that uses wood, the flavour will be much better because the smoke from the wood will impregnate the vegetables giving them a delicious flavour which is very difficult to describle.