Either warm or cold. You can eat this salad which we’ve called Land and Sea either way. And why have we given it this name? Obviously because of its ingredients.
We’re going to use a foodstuff which is really simple but at the same time so tasty, the potato. We’ll also use eggs, red peppers and garlic and also anchovies. To give it an even more exotic touch, we’re also going to use advocado, a tropical fruit.
And we’re going to dress it all with Masía El Altet extra virgin olive oil, of the Picual variety. By this, we mean our High Quality.
This in one of our best olive oils and is produced using 60% of this variety, 20% Arbequina and the remaining 20% of our other autoctonous varieties Alfafarenca, Blanqueta and Genovesa.
All of these elements will enhance the ‘flavour from the Land’ that this salad will have because it will be impregnated with the aroma which comes from the natural parks of the Font Roja and Sierra de Mariola which surround our estate.
So now, don’t you think it’s a good idea to go to the ingredients and preparation.
Ingredients for 4 people
- 1 kg of potatoes
- 5 red peppers
- 2 eggs
- 4 advocados
- 1 clove of garlic
- Anchovies (all the better if they’re not tinned ones)
- 50 cc Masía El Altet High Quality extra virgin olive oil
- Cook the potatoes. Do so in a saucepan with water. Add a little salt and in 25 minutes, they’ll be cooked. Dice them and set them aside. When you’re going to mix all of the ingredients together, it’s much better for them to be cold.
- You’ll also need a sucepan of water to boil the eggs. They’ll be ready in 10 minutes. Don’t boil them for much longer because if you do, they’ll change colour. Peel them and set them aside with the potatoes.
- Now it’s time to fry the red peppers. Use the garlic to give them flavour. A couple of minutes and they’re ready.
- Now peel the advocados. Once peeled, dice. Since you’ve got to set them aside until you’re ready to mix all of the ingredients together, add some lemon juice to stop them from going brown.
- Now, cut up the anchovies and set them aside.
- When both the potatoes and eggs are cold, chop them up the same as the rest of the ingredients and mix everything together.
- Now add that dash of extra virgin olive oil to give your Land and Sea salad even more flavour.
Be careful with the salt! Don’t overdo it when you’re seasoning. Remember that the anchovies already contain salt.
This salad will take you half an hour to prepare and you’ll see what a mixture of flavours your palate will experience. And that’s it. It’s a salad that is equally good in winter if you serve it warm, as in summer.