If all salads are refreshing, this one prepared with potato and products from the sea wins hands down. And there’s no contest. It’s delicious and really summery, constantly reminding us of our Mediterranean Sea. That sea which gives such character to the olives we use to produce our Masía El Altet extra virgin olive oil.
And as soon as you read the ingredients of this dish, you will see that olives are present in abundance and obviously, olive oil as well.
It’s not a complicated salad to make. It has a really good aroma and flavour and it’s not going to take up too much of your time if you’re on holiday.
- I kg medium-sized potatoes
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- 4 tomatoes (choose a variety in season)
- 10 anchovy fillets
- 150 g stoned black olives
- 200 g albacore tuna
- 100 cc extra virgin olive oil
- 50 cc Jerez vinegar
- 15 stoned green olives
- Salt and freshly-ground black pepper
- Cook the potatoes. Use a saucepan and add a little salt to the water. Estimate about 25 minutes cooking time but it depends on the variety of potato.
- Boil the eggs too. Cover them with cold water and leave them for 10 minutes after the water starts boiling. Some advice: don’t boil them for any longer because if you do, the white around the yolk will turn black.
- When the eggs have cooled down, peel them and slice them thinly. Set them aside.
- Wash the tomatoes well. Peel them and slice them finely also. Set them aside too.
- Chop the anchovies and black olives up finely.
- Now you have to prepare the dressing, which is the most important part. Use three parts extra virgin olive oil to vinegar along with the crushed green olives.
It’s now time to plate it up. The following is only one suggestion. (You can choose whatever you consider to be the best way of serving it).
- Using a mould, place a layer of potatoes and on top, a layer of egg and add some dressing.
- After, another layer of potato, tomato and tuna and dress it again.
- Repeat the layers as often as you wish alternating the ingredients. After each layer, don’t forget the dressing.
And hey presto!
Tomato, white tuna, anchovies and the presence of olives in abundance. And very natural products such as potato and egg. A very simple dish, inexpensive and very appetising in summer.
Of course, you must never forget to dress all the ingredients with Masía El Altet olive oil. Because this is a very Mediterranean salad, as is our extra virgin olive oil, considered by many tasters as the best olive oil in the world.