Making a salad means we’re not forced to use the cooker and it’s always a good alternative for eating well when there’s little time or when we want to prepare a light meal.
At this time of the year, we can take advantage of the great variety of seasonal fruit to make a salad which is easy, different and rich in antioxidants.
So let’s have a look at the ingredients of this salad with red fruits.
Ingredients for the salad with red fruits
- A handful of lettuce leaves
- A handful of rocket
- A handful of lamb’s lettuce
- Grated carrot
- Peeled walnuts
- Hazelnuts, almonds, etc.
- Soft goat’s cheese
Ingredients for the vinagrette
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Apple vinegar
- Black pepper
- Homemade raspberry jam
How to make the raspberry jam
- 50 gr raspberries
- A small spoonful of sugar
- Prepare the raspberry jam putting the sugar and raspberries into a saucepan on the heat.
- Stir until the raspberries have disintegrated and the mixture resembles jam. Allow it to cool.
- Clean the lettuce and cut the leaves up to the size you want.
- Add some lamb’s lettuce shoots.
- Add the rocket.
- If you want, add grated raw carrot.
- Wash the cherries and the strawberries.
- It’s not necessary to wash the raspberries because they’re very delicate.
- Take the stalks off the cherries and it’s a good idea to take the stones out as well.
- Cut the strawberries up.
- Put the red fruit on top of the green salad.
- Add your favourite nuts: walnuts, pinenuts, cashew nuts, hazelnuts, almonds, …
- If you want, add soft goat’s cheese, which offers a good contrast in flavours and gives the salad another texture.
- Put a good dash of extra virgin olive oil, a dash of apple vinegar, salt, a pinch of pepper (optional), a coffeespoonful of mustard and a small spoonful or two of the homemade raspberry jam into a bowl.
- Stir it until it’s its well mixed together.
- Serve the salad with the red fuits and nuts and just before eating, dress it with the the vinagrette.
It’s a dish which is rich in fibre. Everyone prepares the salad they like most: there are those who want to add ingredients or leave some out or add a greater quantity of one in particular. But what there can be no doubt about is that it’s a dish which is light and rich in fibre and vitamins.
If it’s a dish to be included in a vegetarian diet, you can be more generous with the nuts and the cheese to increase the quantity of proteins in our daily intake.