As its name indicates, you can eat this tomato, kiwi and anchovy aperitif at any time. Before lunch or before dinner.
But there can be no doubt that it’s a great snack to have in between meals as well.
But when all’s said and done, since what we’re proposing is a treat, give yourself one whenever you feel like it.
A healthy recipe which combines fruits (tomato and kiwi) with anchovy (oily fish) and which as you’ll have already imagined, offers a contrast of flavours which we’re certain you’re going to love.
So what about getting started on making it? First of all, as usual, the ingredients.
Ingredients for 1 person
- 1 piece of toast
- 2-3 slices of kiwi (according to the size of the piece of toast)
- 2 tomatoes
- 1/2 onion
- 1 anchovy fillet
- 1 teaspoonful Mascarpone cheese
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 dash of white wine or vermouth
- 1 dessertspoonful of sugar
- Wash the tomatoes and grate them
- Peel the onion and chop up half of it.
- Put a dash of extra virgin olive oil into a paella pan and sauté the onion.
- When it’s golden and begins to darken in colour, add a dash of white wine or vermouth and leave it to reduce.
- Add the grated tomato, a little salt and a dessertspoonful of sugar.
- Allow it to reduce on a low heat so that the mixture that’s left is very thick
- When it’s ready, leave it to cool down.
- Meanwhile, take the anchovy fillet. If it was in olive oil, drain it; and if it was in salt, clean it and dry with kitchen roll.
- Cut a kiwi in half and peel it.
- Slice it but the slices should be neither too thick nor too thin.
- Put a spoonful of the reduced tomato mixture on top of the piece of toast.
- Put the slices of kiwi on top of the tomato
- Put the anchovy fillet on top of the kiwi.
- Using a spoon and the tip of a knife, top it off with a little Mascarpone cheese.
And that’s it ready. Choose the size and type of toast you prefer and of course, you can put as much of the topping on it as you wish. And if you have any of the tomato mixture or the any other ingredient left over, put it into the fridge because you can prepare more toast at any time. A snack which is simple and tasty. That’s what you have here.