This recipe for baked stuffed aubergine is the real recipe. Or least the one which our mothers and grandmothers prepared. So that you can easily imagine licking your fingers when you’ve finished this minor culinary work of art.
It is a really delicious dish because if it weren’t so, we wouldn’t share it with you on our blog. But besides, it’s very healthy and as you’ll see when we tell you the ingredients, all the products are locally produced. Well, let’s look at them so that you can see for yourself.
Ingredients for two people
- I grated aubergine
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 spoonful of tomato suce
- 1 dash of extra virgin olive oil
- Minced meat
- Bechamel sauce
- Pre-heat the oven to 180º
- Cut the aubergine in half. Score with a knife but be careful not to damage the skin.
- Put the aubergines onto a tray and put them into the oven for 25 minutes
Now it’s time to prepare the filling:
- Peel and chop up the onion and set it aside
- Grate the tomate and set it aside
- Season the mince with salt, pepper, the nutmeg and oregano and set it aside as well
- Take the aubergine out of the oven and leave it to cool for a few minutes
- When the onion starts to turn golden brown, add the grated tomato, the tomato sauce, the salt and oregano.
- Now it’s time to add the seasoned mince
- Now scoop out the aubergine without damaging the skin
- Break up the aubergine flesh and put it also into the frying pan
- Mix all the ingredients together. Leave to cook for 10 minutes. Set
We’ve still got to prepare the bechamel. If you don’t know how to do it, look here. Once it’s made, cover the mixture with it. If you feel like it, you can also put some cheese for grating on top. But that’s a question of tastes. Finally, put it all into the oven for 4 or 5 minutes until it turns golden brown. And there you are, it’s ready to eat.
And before licking your fingers with this dish, we’re going to talk about health. The aubergine, like extra virgin olive oil, contains a high quantity of antioxidants. And it is these oxidants which are in charge of looking after each and every one of the cells in your body. Including those of your skin, which is why if you join together extra virgin olive oil, aubergine and tomato, you’re going to keep yourself young.
The aubergine also contains potassium and improves blood circulation and besides, combats bad cholesterol and increases the good type. This is a recipe which is made for lovers of good food but also for those who are following a diet to try to lose weight.