The aubergine is one of the most typical summer vegetables and it keeps cholesterol and ageing of cells at bay.
It is a foodstuff which is easy to digest and it’s made up of 92% water. If you want to enjoy all the flavour and nutritional properties of the aubergine, take note of this recipe.
To prepare it, we’re going to use a wok if possible. You already know that it’s a type of frying pan used in the Far East and South East Asia. It’s an ideal cooking utensil for sautéing thanks to its hot base and cold sides, a factor which makes it really easy to stir the ingredients.
- A tumbler of white rice
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Cherry tomatoes
- One red pepper
- Half clove of garlic
- 200 g soft tofu
- 70 g black olives
- Fresh basil
- Boil the rice in a saucepan with water. Meanwhile, start preparing the rest of the ingredients.
- If you haven’t got a wok, don’t worry. Use your biggest frying pan. Why? Simply for there to be enough room for all of the ingredients.
- First of all, start by cutting up finely all of the different vegetables
- Next, put a good quantity of extra virgin olive oil into the wok or frying pan.
- Chop up a clove of garlic finely and add it to the olive oil. That way, everything will improve in flavour.
- Now it’s time to add the aubergines. Sauté them of a few minutes so that they start getting rid of the water they contain.
- Add the pepper and the onion. A few minutes later, add the olives as well.
- Add the diced tofu and the fresh basil.
- All you have to do now is stir it for a few minutes and there you have it.
An incredibly healthy and tasty vegan recipe, a perfect example of our Mediterranean Diet, which for that reason is the healthiest ways of eating in the world.