This chicken pie with vegetables is a great solution if you want to have a party at home. It could be a delicious starter or aperitif and it will also give an elegant touch to everything you serve. You can convert it into individual portions although you can also use it for any type of family get together. First of all, we’re going to look at the ingredients you need:
- 50 g bacon, diced
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 leek, sliced
- 200 g diced celery
- 200 g nutmeg
- Sprig of thyme
- 50 ml dry sherry
- 200 ml chicken stock
- 200g flaky pastry
- Flour for rolling out pastry
- I egg yolk
- 250 g chicken cut into small pieces
- Salt and black pepper
- Fry the bacon in a very hot frying pan for three or four minutes until golden. Put it on a plate and set it aside for afterwards.
- Heat the extra virgin olive oil in another pan and stir fry the vegetables.
- Add the thyme with a pinch of salt and another of black pepper. Stir fry for eight minutes.
- Add the 50 ml of sherry and reduce it.
- Now is the time to add the previously fried bacon and the chicken stock.
- Cook for 15 minutes until the liquid is reduced by half. Taste and add more salt or pepper if necessary. Remove from heat.
- Now heat the oven to 200 degrees. Use a rolling pin to roll out the pastry on a previously floured surface. The pastry should be about 3 mm thick.
- After you have done this, use a shape to cut the pastry into three circles and place the three of them on a baking tray.
- Brush the pastry with the egg yolk to glaze and cook for 10 minutes until you see that it has risen and is golden. Cook for two minutes more until the pastry is crisp.
- Remove from the oven and place on a cooling tray.
- Now it’s time to mix the cooked chicken with the sauce. You will have to heat it up again and check again for salt and pepper.
- Place a circle of flaky pastry over each mound of the mixture.
And it’s ready for serving!!
This dish should be prepared with seasonal vegetables since they are the ones picked at their perfect moment of ripening and thus maintain all their taste, apart from their nutritional properties.
Thyme also plays an important role in this dish. It is an aromatic herb which grows in our olive groves and which provides our oils with their very distinctive flavour. For that reason, to season this dish of chicken with vegetables, we advise you to use Masía El Altet Premium because it will enhance the taste of thyme even more.