Stuffed meat roll is associated with the most important days of the year such as Christmas or the meal to celebrate New Year. So now, there’s nothing to stop you making it to surprise your guests.
It’s not a difficult recipe although it may seem so because of all of the different steps you have to take. But what’s true is that you must have at your disposal a couple of hours to make it.
Here are the steps. We’ll begin as always with the ingredients.
Ingredients for 4 people
- Half kilo beef flank to stuff
- 1 egg
- 50 gr Manchego cheese
- 100 gr chicken breast
- 100 gr bacon
- 100 gr Piquillo peppers (spicy Spanish peppers)
- 50 gr fresh spinach
- Breadcrumbs (a tablespoonful)
- 1 carrot
- Half an onion
- Half a clove of garlic
- 75 ml white wine
- 50 ml meat stock
- Extra virgin olive oil
How to make the stuffed meat roll
We’re going to divide the process into four parts:
Preparing the beef
- Clean the meat in case there’s still any fat on it.
- Trim the edges so that what you have is a square piece.
Preparing the stuffing
- Grate the Manchego cheese.
- Drain the Piquillo peppers and dry them with kitchen roll. Make sure not to leave any seeds and chop them up.
- Wash the spinach and chop it up finely.
- Prepare the chicken and diced bacon
- Season and add the breadcrumbs.
- All you have to do now is mix it all together so that you have an even mixture.
Rolling the meat and sealing it
- Place the meat on a wooden board and add salt
- Now spread the stuffing over it.
- Roll the meat up. This is the most delicate moment and it’s true you need to be reasonably skilful at it. When you’ve rolled it, tie it with kitchen string so that it doesn’t come apart when you’re going to cook it.
- Take a large frying pan, add extra virgin olive oil and heat it.
- Now’s the moment to carry out what we call ‘’sealing’’ the stuffed meat roll. You have to fry it at a high temperature on all sides.
- Once it’s sealed, you have to place it in a pressure cooker.
- Peel and cut the carrots, the garlic and onion and add these ingredients to the pressure cooker with the beef roll.
- Add a dash of white wine and the meat stock.
- Cook on a high temperature for a few minutes so that the alcohol evaporates.
Cooking the roll
- Close the pressure cooker after the alcohol has evaporated and leave it to cook for half an hour.
- Take the meat roll out once all of the steam has evaporated and cut off the kitchen string.
- Leave the meat to rest for about 5 minutes before starting to cut it.
- Put the carrot, garlic and onion into a blender, strain them and put them on the heat. This is what the sauce is made of.
- Now all you have to do is serve the meat roll and add the sauce according to your guests’ wishes.