This fresh cheese and strawberry salad is ideal for spring and summer months, though probably better in summer. And we’re convinced you’re going to like it.
Not only for its taste, which is delicious, but also because it’ll only take you about 20 minutes to prepare.
And when it’s ready, you’ll see that it’s ‘’very aesthetially pleasing’’ if it’s possible to use the expression for a salad.
And you’re also going to be surprised by an unexpected flavour. One that’s produced by the mixture of the cheese, the strawberries, the acorn-fed cured Iberian ham and a honey vinagrette.
Well, if you’re ready, let’s get started on the ingredients and after that, how it’s prepared.
Ingredients for 4-6 people
- 16 strawberries
- 400 gr fresh cheese
- 100 gr cured Iberian ham
- 300 gr lamb’s lettuce and rocket
- 25 gr peeled pumpkin seeds
- 25 gr toasted sesame seeds
- 100 cc extra virgin olive oil
- 50 cc sherry vinager
- 1 heaped spoonful flower honey
- Salt to taste
- Wash the lamb’s lettuce and rocket well because it’s possible they’ll still have some soil on them. A good way to do it is to soak them in water with some drops of vinager. Shake them dry and set them aside.
- Now prepare the vinagrette. To do it, put the extra virgin olive oil, the vinager and a spoonful of honey into the mixer recipient. Also add salt to taste and a pinch of ground black pepper. Once prepared, set it aside also.
- Take a plate because now, we’re going to put it all together. Put the fresh cheese in the centre.
- Wash the strawberries in plentiful water, take the leaves off and cut them in half. Place them around the cheese.
- Now it’s time to place the rocket and lamb’s lettuce leaves in the centre.
- Now add the vinagrette prepared before. On top of the vinagrette, place the cured Iberian ham cut up very finely.
- Place the pumpkin and sesame seeds on top of the ham.
- You only have to add salt and pepper and serve.
We’re sure that you’re going to be a roaring success with this salad. We’re also sure that you’re going to love it and it’s going to be like a breath of fresh air in your cooking. Don’t forget to use the best extra virgin olive oil in the world because it’ll add a very different flavour and touch to the dish.
We’d advise you to dress this salad with our Premium oil since it’s the best one to accompany cheese and green vegetables. And to add another interesting fact: this extra virgin olive oil is used by great chefs in dessert preparation.