This vegan lasagne isn’t complicated to make but it does need a certain amount of ‘’work’’.
To speed up preparation, it’s best to have to hand two frying pans and a kettle and a burner for each of them.
Let’s say that this dish is a bit painstaking but you’ll see from the result that it was worth the effort. By the time you’ve finished, you’ll have converted your kitchen into a prestigious pizzeria.
The only thing that you need to bear in mind is to make sufficient bechamel sauce because then, you’ll be able to cover all of the layers of lasagne.
We also advise you to finish off with bechamel sauce at the top because that will make the whole thing far tastier.
And without further ado, we’re going to give you the ingredients and tell you how to make it.
- 12 sheets of spinach pasta
- 1 large onion
- 1 red pepper
- 1 courgette
- 6 mushrooms
- 1 carrot
- Tomato sauce
- Half a litre vegetable stock
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Take the frying pan, pour in a good dash of extra virgin olive oil and brown the onion which you’ve previously chopped up finely. When it’s golden, add the chopped red pepper, the thinly sliced carrot, courgette and mushrooms. After 2 or 3 minutes, add the tomato. Leave for another 5 minutes then take the frying pan off the heat.
- Now take the second frying pan and add the vegetable stock to make a good vegan bechamel sauce. In theory, with the half litre that we said before, you should have sufficient but if you think it’s necessary, simply add a bit more. When the stock is hot, add the cornflower until it thickens. When it’s thick, turn off the gas.
- Now, the saucepan or kettle. Boil water in it. Take a flat container and put the water into it. Then, add the sheets of spinach pasta. Leave them to soften a little.
- Now take the dish you’re going to put into the oven. Put a layer of tomato sauce, a layer of bechamel and a sheet of spinach pasta. Repeat this until you have no more tomato sauce left. The last layer should be the vegan bechamel.
- Once you’ve finished organizing the layers, all you have to do is put the dish into the oven for 15 minutes. The temperature should be 180 degrees. However, what you must do is keep checking to see it’s cooking correctly because no two ovens are the same.
- Now, all you have to do is take it out of the oven and serve it.