Simple and very original and always seasoned with extra virgin olive oil which is made from a high percentage of olives of the Picual variety which is what our High Quality is and which will provide the perfect finishing touch so that you really enjoy it.
This salad is a mixture of raw and cooked foodstuffs, that’s why it has such a fantastic flavour.
And it’s brilliant at any time of year.
We’ve also chosen this recipe because there’s no better way of combining all of the flavours of the Mediterranean. So, let’s get it started:
- 100 gr lettuce
- 300 gr potatoes suitable for roasting
- 100 gr goats cheese (sliced)
- 1 tin tuna belly
- 1 tablespoon fried onion with extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons Masía El Altet High Quality extra virgin olive oil
- A pinch of mustard
- Black pepper
- First of all, prepare the fried onion. When it’s ready, tender and golden, take it off the gas and drain it so that there’s no olive oil left.
- Now it’s time to cook the potatoes. Wash them carefully and cook them with the skin on in abundant water for 10 minutes. But check them every so often to see if they’re cooked.
- Once they’re ready, cut them into 1-cm thick slices and roast them either in the oven or on a barbecue. All the better if you roast them on a barbecue because that way, you’ll have the marks of the grill on them and the appearance afterwards will be all the more original. Brush them with a a little olive oil.
- Now you have to prepare the vinagrette. For it, you need 2 spoonfuls of extra virgin olive oil, the mustard and the salt.
- With everything you’ve already prepared, you can now plate it up. In first place, you have to have a good lettuce base. Then add the fried onion. On top of the onion put the slices of potato and the drained tuna belly fillets. Season it with the vinagrette you’ve prepared and finally add the goats cheese.
That’s it finished. What do you think of the result?
You can let this salad cool down in the fridge or serve it warm.
That’s why we said that you can make it in summer as well as in winter.
You can serve it as a dish on its own or to accompany other tasty meat or fish dishes you’ve prepared.
As with any other salad, you can intoduce a hundred and one variations. It only depends on your imagination and good taste.
The ingredients we’ve included in this recipe are for four people if you’re thinking of serving it on its own.
As you can see, it’s a mix of sea and land with ingredients from the Mediterranean.
We’re certain that the fact that it only takes 25 minutes to make it will encourage you to prepare it to conquer your guests. And it’s a really economical dish as well.