If you’re looking for new flavours, we advise you not to miss this warm vegan salad with cauliflower, lentils and caramelized onion which you have to dress – without any question of a doubt – with a good dash of our Masía El Altet extra virgin olive oil
In that way, you’ll be able to experience the superb taste left on you palate by a wonderful vegetable such as cauliflower and a pulse such as lentils with their powerful vitamins.
And all finished off with the onion, which should never be missing from any dish.
If you do prepare it, don’t hesitate to offer it to your friends and relatives because you’re going to amaze them.
A first course which is delicious and also exotic.
We’d also like to point out that besides surprising your palate, it’s also going to surprise your pocket.
A very economical vegan dish that needs very little time to prepare.
Without more ado, we’re going to give you all of the ingredients which you need to have to hand and how to make the dish.
It shouldn’t be necessary to say that, like any other salad, it has multiple variations. You can add tomato, cucumber … or any other of your favourite salad vegetable.
- 1 cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 sliced onion
- 2 spoonfuls vegan butter
- Half a cup of cooked lentils
- 3 chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup of frozen beans
- 1 chopped carrot
- Boil the cauliflower whole for four minutes, drain it and place it in an ovenproof dish.
- Glaze the cauliflower with our Masía El Altet extra virgin olive oil
- Add salt and put it into the oven at 190º for 15 minutes. Since all ovens are different, check that it’s golden before you take it out.
- Once it’s golden, cut it up into medium-sized pieces and put it aside.
- Now, sauté the onion with the butter stirring it from time to time so that it doesn’t burn.
- When it’s golden, add the lentils, the tomato, beans and the carrot.
- Cook for a few minutes and season. To serve, put a layer of the lentil mixture on the plate and place the pieces of cauliflower on top.
Have you seen how easy it is to prepare? Now, all you have to do is try it and you’ll see that everything we’ve said in this post is true. It’s an extremely interesting mixture of flavours. A very original vegan recipe with an exotic touch worthy of many restaurants.