It’s always a good idea to have some homemade cupcakes in the house. Ideal for breakfast or for the little ones in the house to have in the afternoon. That’s why we recommend you to prepare this recipe for vegan orange cupcakes.
The winter months are the best time to prepare these vegan orange cupcakes because it’s precisely in the winter months that oranges are at their best.
For that reason, you’ll see in the ingredients that we ask you to use fresh orange juice. In that way, you’ll take advantage of all their flavour and of all the nutrients of the oranges, which are many.
But if you feel like making these cupcakes at other times of the year, you can buy orange juice. It doesn’t taste the same and it doesn’t have the same nutritional value but it’s also an option.
- 2 cups sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 2 cups wholemeal flour
- 3 coffee spoonfuls yeast
- Half a cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- Take a big bowl and put the wholemeal flour into it. Add the salt and yeast. Stir with a wooden spoon. Next, add the sugar and stir a bit more until it’s all well mixed.
- The second step is to mix the extra virgin olive oil with the orange juice. Then, mix all of the ingredients together.
- When it’s all well mixed and using the wooden spoon, pour the mixture into the muffin cases. You can buy these in any shop or baker’s.
- Fill the cases up to the top so that when the mixture grows, it goes over the top of the paper.
- Put the muffin cases onto a baking tray.
- All you have to do now is put them into the oven. Remember that you should have pre-heated the oven to 180º. Estimated cooking time is around 25 minutes. But it’s always a good idea to test them with a toothpick and when it comes out clean, it’s a sure way of knowing that they’re ready.
- Leave them to cool on a cooling tray.
As you can see, this is a very simple recipe to prepare. And moreover, it’s an easy way to eat oranges.
Having fruit for breakfast is something we should start to adopt because it’s healthy. Above all, we should start to get the smallest people in the house into the habit. If you make these cupcakes, you’ll get them to eat fruit even though it’s in small quantities.
And besides, it’s absolutely impossible for anyone not to like freshly baked homemade cupcakes.